Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I'm Back!

Day in the Life of a Gravy has changed quite a bit in the past week and a half-ish.  I've gone back to work (well, temporarily for now) which means the girls are back to the babysitter.  My job is only for about 10 weeks... I'm doing graphic design for the U of I, but I'm covering for a girl on maternity leave.  It's been a HUGE adjustment for me, but not necessarily a bad one.  As much as I love being home with the girls, I really wanted to get back into doing at least part-time design work.  I was doing some freelance from home, but I'm the kind of person that needs to be around other people sooo.... back to the office it is (well, for 10 weeks at least)!

So right now Tom's out in California all week for work.  Love him to death, but I really actually kind of enjoy the week being just us girls.  We have our traditional crappy eating night which use to mean we went to the grocery store and bought pure crap like pizza rolls and french fries for one of our meals.  The past couple of times he's been gone I've changed it up, though.  Now we go out to Monical's for dinner... a yummy alternative without the mess of having to clean up dinner dishes!  Last night I told Maddy that we were going to have pizza for supper and asked her whether she wanted to go to the restaurant and eat or pick it up and eat at home.  Of course she wants to go to eat there.  Well, last night Maddy decides she wants to be anywhere BUT in her seat (no pun intended!).  She's climbing under the table to pick up toys that Leah dropped or crayons that rolled off the table.  Then she goes down another time and comes up with a handful of garbage.. I'm talking wilted lettuce, crumbs, and straw wrappers.  I about lost it.  GROSS!  Other than that, it was fun to be out on a dinner date with my girls and some lady next to us even commented on how cute they were.

On that note, wish me luck the rest of the week until Tom gets back... it's exhausting getting two kids ready and out the door in the morning by 7:30!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment