Saturday, April 3, 2010

Puke-tastic!

Well, I can definitely say that I never, ever thought there would come a day where I would be blogging on a Saturday night.  I can also safely say that I never thought I'd be blogging and watching a Lifetime movie with my husband on a Saturday night.  But, here I am. 

So, we definitely had an interesting Friday yesterday.  The girls and I were having lunch with my old work friends at Hessel Park when right in the middle of my turkey on rye Maddy sits up and barfs all over her and I (is that correct grammer?)  It took everything I had not to yak myself.  I should have known something was wrong before she barfed.  She was all excited to play at the park after we ate, but as soon as we got to the picnic table to eat lunch she just wanted to lay on the bench.

She rode back home in only her diaper, and as soon as we got home I put some clothes on her and put her to bed.  Of course a few minutes into the nap, I hear puking and crying.  That's pretty much how the rest of the day went.  Puke, change clothes, clean her up and try to give her a little water.  Throughout the rest of the afternoon, I washed 3 pillows, 2 comforters, 2 blankets and countless outfits.  I can also say that I've definitely mastered my cat-like reflexes and hand-eye coordination.  It takes pure skill to be able to run across multiple rooms in time to put a puke bucket under a sick kiddo.  The girls have been really healthy so far, so I guess I really can't complain... just hope we don't have a repeat any time soon!

We've got a long day ahead of us tomorrow, so thankfully Maddy seems to be feeling much better.  She's still not eating a whole lot, but I'm sure she'll be back to her old self in a couple of days. 

Happy Easter Eve everyone!

1 comment: