Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sickness and Broadway


So much to catch up on from the past week.  I'll start by saying that I've probably done laundry all day, every day for the past week.  It started off two Fridays ago with Maddy getting the flu.  Thankfully it only lasted that day.  She was definitely feeling much better by Saturday.  So, after a few days of no one else getting sick, I'm thinking we dodged a bullet.  Of course it was right about then that Leah starts puking.  As if that wasn't awesome enough, I woke up sick last Friday morning.  Normally, not a big deal.  BUT... I had my interview that day for the U of I.  So here we are, Tuesday, and now Tom is sick!  Hopefully it's quick moving through him like it was for me and Maddy (Leah is still struggling with a puke every now and then).  Ahhh... the joys of kids and sickness!

On a brighter note, Maddy went to her first Broadway play last Wednesday night.  We went to see The Wizard of Oz at the Assembly Hall with her cousin, Emily, Aunt Christie, and Granny.  I was a little nervous about it, but Maddy did really good.  Besides closing her eyes for a few minutes (for being tired, not because she was scared), she stayed awake for the whole thing and really seemed to enjoy herself.  Every once in a while I would catch her dancing around a little in her seat.  I'm sure the Twizzler's and smoothie we bought her during intermission helped a bit, too :-)

Ever since the show, Maddy has been singing Wizard of Oz songs around the house.  You really should hear some of her singing... she's a pro.  My favorite is "We off to see the Wizard.  I wonder who could be?".  American Idol, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment