Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter!

Before I start this post I just want to say... WELCOME BACK BASEBALL!!!  I can't tell you how much of a mood lifter it is when the sun is shining, the weather is warm, the windows are open and baseball is on tv.

Well, we had a great Easter this year, although I should definitely have been a little more prepared the night before instead of waiting until Sunday morning to pack bags for the day, etc.  There's no way I would have gotten everyone out of the door without Tom's help.  One minute I'm showering and getting ready and the next minute I can smell bacon and pancakes.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to sit down and eat.  I ended up wrapping the bacon in my pancakes and shoveling them in my face as I walked out the door. 

I should have gotten up earlier so we could have done our egg hunt without rushing, but anyone who knows me knows I'm always running late for everything and I have a hard time managing my time.  I'm sure someday we'll look back on the video we made that morning and laugh, though.  Maddy found a few eggs on her own, but we were really running out of time so there was a lot of pointing and directing to find the eggs. 

All in all, it was a great day.  We weren't late for church, Easter lunch was great and it was nice seeing the family.  It was one of those days that I wished lasted a little longer than it did!

No comments:

Post a Comment