Thursday, April 1, 2010

Eggs, Cookies and Meltdowns

The Gravy ladies had a great day yesterday... we invited a few friends over to dye Easter eggs and bake cookies.  Nicole came over with her two girls, Kyla and Isabelle and Maddy and Leah's cousin, Emmy Jo-Jo (aka Emzaroni), came over, too.  Thankfully it was a nice day, otherwise I'm sure I would have gone crazy.  There were eggs dropped and cracked, a whole cup of dye spilled, and a couple of melt downs.  All in all it was good times but my caffeine-induced high definitely wore off by the end of the day. 

I'm not sure, but that might have had something to do with me attempting to put 4 girls down for a nap by myself.  For the record, not a smart move to let two 2-year-olds and a 4-year old sleep in the same room.  I can say from experience that it will almost never end well.  I ended up moving one girl to the couch in the living room, one across the hall to the guest room and Maddy stayed in her own room (that was the original plan that I should have stuck with in the first place).  After Maddy had a meltdown and woke her sister up, the only one left napping was Emily.  Needless to say bedtime came a little early last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment